Pages

Monday, April 2, 2012

Daffodil Cheer

It's hard to decide which season is most loved by the gnomes in the garden, but one thing is for certain - when you see the daffodils popping up through the last remaining patches of snow, you can't help but smile. There is something about their excitement for spring that they can't seem to contain any longer. It's the daffodils that seem to be the first ones to cheer spring on with unspoken words of encouragement, and everygnome loves spring time because that's when all the tiny gnomelings make their first appearance in the garden. It's a magical time, but I'll be honest... when I see the very first daffodil show its bright face, I can't help but think of my own mother and the words of encouragement she has given me throughout the seasons. Sometimes they're spoken, and sometimes they're silent, but they're always what I have gneeded. My mother - always cheering me on - has shown me the type of gnome I want to be... one who knows just when a little snuggle is gneeded... one who knows the right words to say to convince their gnomelings that they can do anything they set their hearts to.

No comments:

Post a Comment