Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thyme Keeper

Thyme is precious and everygnome wishes he had more of it. That's why this wee one's job is so important. He cultivates the thyme to make sure there is enough to go around. He puts the thyme into bottles and passes them out to everygnome around him, encouraging them all to make the most of what little thyme they may have. Thyme should not be wasted. Share it with friends and family. Cook a great meal. Take the thyme to smell roses. Whatever you decide to do with your thyme, do it well and enjoy it! Then come back for more. He'll be ready.


PERSONAL GNOTE:
I ALMOST love the way this gnomette turned out. I was trying to convert the flowers to look more like Thyme. I don't think it turned out too bad, but if you didn't know what Thyme looked like, you might think otherwise.

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! I set aside Sunday to get caught up on correspondence and was meaning to write to you and tell you how touched I was that you made this and sent it to me. You are so talented and thoughtful!! I love the soft colors, and reread the story over and over because I felt like it had lessons I wanted to internalize. It's now sitting on my shelf to be admired. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like him! I love his little story. You're welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story and your embroidered thyne tooks lovely too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. This one was made for a friend who was going through a hard time.

    ReplyDelete