Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Forget Me Gnot

Our little ones whisper,
"Forget me not",
As their specialness wraps
around our heart.
Their short little lives
Hold meaning and love.
Their spirits have touched
us-each and everyone.
They have left their gifts
For us to uncover,
If we open our eyes,
our hearts and our lives.
The road to discovery
is hilly and dark.
Will we long harbor the pain
or set our wings for the light?
Our lives have been changed,
our paths filled with sorrow.
Yet their memories embrace us
and our love lasts forever.
If we open our hearts,
their gifts shall unfold,
as we
forget them not.



PERSONAL GNOTE:
Sometimes the words just don't come. And sometimes that's ok. As much as I tried, I just couldn't write a cute little gnome story for such a sad event. I found the poem above from a Google search for "Forget me not poem" but I can not tell who wrote it. My heart feels heavy as I know there is not much I can do or say. I hope this little angel can work some magic that I could not. Even if just a little. Hugs to my loved ones for their loss. I love you!

1 comment: