Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2011

Aspen Hunting

Aspen hunting is not for the week-hearted. Finding the perfect aspen leaf is not as easy as it sounds. It takes stealth, determination and endurance, not to mention a sense of humor and creativity. It's not like you can just walk up to an aspen tree and say, "Ummm... excuse me? Can you please give me the one and only perfect golden leaf?" Whether you choose to go with the "element of surprise" method or if you prefer the "gneak up on them" approach, practice makes perfect. I once knew a man whose technique included shaking a tree into submission, only to examine all the leaves one by one afterwards. Personally, I have dedicated years to perfecting my technique (a patented combination of sweet talking and leaf branches tucked into my socks and pockets for disguise), and I have yet to find the perfect leaf. I even began to wonder if the perfect leaf was just a myth, but then I saw this little Sprite out of the corner of my eye! Ah ha! It's no wonder the perfect golden aspen leaf is so hard to find, what with this little fella always moving it from tree to tree, keeping it safe! Ah, it all makes sense to me now. Someday, I will find the golden treasure! Mark my words! Someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment