Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Legend of the Gninja Gnome

Legend has it that Gnome Gninjas sneak into your life when you least expect them. They may appear in your pencil cup or flying on your ceiling fan. Some have claimed to find them in the next roll of toilet paper or in between the carrots in the fridge. There is usually no explanation accompanied with a gninja gnome. According to the Gnomish legends, it is for the finder to figure out why the gninja is there. It is initially a moment of silly surprise, followed by a more lasting contemplative existence. When their job is done, the finder is meant to hide the ninja gnome for the next person...


PERSONAL GNOTE:
This fella is the result of a "bid" I'm putting in for someone who contacted me through my shop. Taryn should get credit for the idea (though the spelling is mine... lol) and even the words. I love the idea and I hope her plans for these little guys lead to fantastic photos and adventures. If she chooses me, and if we can work something out, I'll be sure to give you more details. I'm quite excited!

Oh, and I was curious what he would look like with feet, so here you go. Much to my surprise, I think this is a case where the gnome looks better without the big feet. I like the simplicity and I think the feet adds too much color.

Well... wish me luck on the bid... and we'll see what happens!

2 comments:

  1. Cute. I love the black nose. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! You totally rocked this guy out! I absolutely cannot thank you enough...but I hope all the smiles and stories to come can :)

    ReplyDelete