Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Gnight Gnight Gnomie

This little fella has had a very long day and is so sleepy! It's time to wash up, put on his favorite polka-dotted jammies and head to bed. But wait! Where is his lovie? He absolutely CAN NOT sleep without his beloved lovie. Oh, there he is... as soft and cuddly as he ever was. I'm sure there's no convincing him that anything is softer than his lovie, and by the look of comfort in his eyes it's obvious that there isn't anything he cherishes more. There is nothing better than watching a little gnomeling fall asleep with the look of security and love in his drooping eyes. Gnight gnight, little gnomie. Sweet dreams.


PERSONAL GNOTE:
I made this little guy for an Etsy friend of mine who makes beautiful security blankets for children. I modeled the PJs from Ellie's favorite pair of polka dotted PJs, but I'm afraid he looks more like a clown than a little gnomeling wearing jammies. Perhaps if I had done stars and a moon? Or would that have made him look more like a wizard? None the less, I hope he is loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment