Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Keeper of the Friendships

If I were to ask you how many friends from your past you have kept in touch with, what would be your response? One? Two? Perhaps even five? That number just seems so small, even to a wee little gnome. Gnomes keep in touch with every friend they meet along their adventures and they consider them to be very close friends indeed. All of them - from the clover patch to the mint lane. How many does that mean? Why put a number to it when you just know they make you happy? And how do the gnomes keep track of all their friends, old and new? Meet Amie, the keeper of friendships. She catalogs all the friendly interactions that the gnomes pursue, and boy is that a big task! But she loves to do it because she knows how important friendship really is... just look at the smiles it brings and the tears it dries? There is nothing better than a good friendship.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for my lovely gnome! it's such a special treat and I really do love the colors.
    Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you like the colors. You're welcome. Thank you for being so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's my favorite of your gnomes that I've seen so far. I am looking forward to seeing them all.

    ReplyDelete