Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Little Home Task Force II

Some daddies are special. They go to faraway lands to help other people. They miss their families at home very much… So the gnome community created a highly skilled Home Task Force to take care of these families. Only the gentlest, noblest gnomes are chosen for such an important job. Oh, they love the families they keep company! They know how to be brave when their family is scared. They know it’s ok to cry sometimes. They also know it’s ok to laugh and play, even when a girl misses her daddy. And best of all, they always work in pairs: a Home Gnome takes care of the family, and a Traveler Gnome goes with Daddy to the faraway land. Everyone’s favorite day is when Daddy comes home, and they can all be together again!

Staff Sergeant Gned is so excited – he just found out he gets to be Home Gnome for little Ancel!! He has a special place in his heart for him (he's always wanted to help raise a man-cub!), and was hoping to be the gnome who got to take care of him.

This little fella is so happy to have been chosen for the Traveler Gnome position. He can't wait to listen to Daddy's stories about how proud he is of his little boy. How fun!

2 comments:

  1. I love this! My husband travels now for his job (been away all week) and I think we'd love a pair like this. Any chance you could add a black lab gnome for him to take with him as well as a girl traveller gnome?

    BTW - Your daughters are gorgeous Jen! Love the blogs (found them through Erin's blog).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wendy, I'd love to make you some gnomes like you mentioned but we need to talk more. My work blocks my blog so I can't comment here during the week. It's best to contact me through Facebook, email or even my Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete