Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Treasure Hunting

These two little spirits found each other years ago and have been exploring the garden together ever since. There is nothing better than a good exploration with your soul mate! As they go along on their adventures, the two search for treasures to take back to their nest. Sometimes the items are hidden in plain sight but other times they have to get creative and sneak up on the treasure, incognito if you will. Either way, the hoard is always worth more to these two because they found it themselves, and this time is no exception. Just look at this heart gem! Who knows how the little couple will manage to get it home, but at least it'll go perfectly with the other treasures!

PERSONAL GNOTE:
This gnome and his mushroom friend are made from wool that was bought in the Cotswolds region in England. You might think that buying wool there would be easy, since the region is known for its wool history, but you'd be wrong. Most people just looked at me like I was crazy for wanting just plain wool. In the end, we bought a wool duster. Yes, you heard me. I figued I could cut the wool off and make a gnome out of it. Why? Well, that's a story for another blog. Let me just say that I now know that not all wool is created equal and I certainly will not be looking to purchase more duster wool for making any future gnomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment